Empowering Future Leaders Through Higher Levels of Learning
We will be student focused with a collaborative culture that effectively uses student data to adapt and differentiate instruction so all students can reach their full potential.
- We will set high expectations for students and staff.
- We will focus on student learning.
- We will focus on results.
- We will work collaboratively.
- We will use assessment data to drive/change instruction.
- We will model character, leadership and lifelong learning.
- We will inspire students to become leaders and find their own voice.
- We will develop students who can problem solve, both academically and socially.
- We will provide a safe environment for our staff and students.
McKinley Staff will exemplify the following traits:
- student focused
- passion and compassion
- ability to synergize
- positive outlook
- inspiration and motivation
Students will leave McKinley as leaders who possess the following traits:
- problem-solving skills
- positive character traits
- self motivation
- independent thinking skills
- ability to set and work toward goals
- ability to synergize and be a team player
- lifelong love of learning
The elementary curriculum is designed to meet the district objectives by providing instruction in basic skills and a general knowledge base. It also provides for opportunities to explore the arts and leisure activities.
The curriculum includes language arts, math, science, social studies, art, music and physical education. Language arts covers reading, writing, spelling and handwriting.
Students receive most of their instruction in their own classroom. Students are sometimes regrouped for special classes and activities that respond to individual needs and interests.
Copies of the curriculum guides are available in each attendance center and on the district’s web page.